PDF Document: Flinders Rocketry Projects Grants Program 2019
We are developing a solid fuel sounding rocket to compete in the Australian Universities Rocketry Competition in 2020 where the objective is to reach 10 000ft (3km). The rocket involves many types of subsystems including; fins, nosecone, electronics, communications, parachute, structure, payload, motor, etc.
We need you to help us build it!
This program aims to work in conjunction with established research programs and to provide new projects in the field of aerospace at Flinders University. The program gives each accepted student a grant of $150 (negotiable) that goes towards their thesis or extracurricular project that provides development towards our sounding rocket.
Students doing Honours, Masters or Engineering Projects whose projects meet the project criteria detailed below are eligible. This grant is ideal for the students doing 9 unit topics that do not receive funding from the university or 18 unit topic to get a 25% boost of funding.
Don’t have a project? If you are a student looking for a thesis project and wish to help develop the rocket, we can help find supervisors that can supervise your project to be eligible for this program.
Already have a project? If you feel your project meets the project criteria of this program contact us to discuss your project.
Students looking to do extracurricular work to boost their skills and gain experience over the Summer Break are eligible. Students who undertake this program will also get Horizon points for their involvement.
- A project that allow the participant to design, model and construct componentry that will be applied in a real rocket to be used at competitions.
- Must relate to the current solid fuel rocket being designed and constructed to reach 10 000ft.
- The project undertakes research or development of future rocket designs or componentry.
- The project is encompassed in one or more of the following areas;
- Avionics and communication systems development.
- Propulsion for sounding rockets; Solid, Hybrid or Liquid Fuel Engines.
- Rocket aerodynamics, structural design and construction.
- CubeSat design and construction.
Interested in the Program!?
Email email@example.com addressed to Curtis Merrett (President) and Hayden Skinner (Vice President) to discuss your desired project and eligibility for the program.